Contact points for Companies
Do you want to start a company? Is your company interested in making Basel its home? Or, if you are already an established company, are you looking for new business premises or somewhere to build? Basel-Stadt offers everything a company needs for it to develop, whether it's a start-up, a research centre or company headquarters. Here you will find personal support and information which is unhampered by bureaucracy!
- Photo: Juri Weiss
The Economic Development Office of the Canton of Basel-Stadt
The Canton of Basel-Stadt makes an active contribution to ensuring that companies based in the city can achieve enhanced added-value and improve employment at all levels. In order to achieve these objectives, the canton operates a system of corporate care and offers customised services.
- The government meets the management teams of major city-based companies for regular discussions on important topics. Information gained in this way directly feeds into the configuration of the economic framework for business.
- The first port of call for companies in the canton is the Economic Development Office of the Canton of Basel-Stadt.
- Acting as a link between companies, the real estate sector and the government, the services of the Economic Development Office include assistance for companies already active in the Canton of Basel-Stadt in their search for suitable properties for offices, laboratories or additional premises.
- A range of promotional programmes support the growth of companies in the city.
- The Basel-Stadt Trade Association, the Basel Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and the Basel Employers’ Association assist their members with a range of services.
Basel Area Business & Innovation
In order to promote innovation and the economic development of the cantons of Basel-Stadt, Basel-Landschaft and Jura, Basel Area Business & Innovation supports company founders and companies from Switzerland and abroad in the implementation of their innovation and business projects in the Basel region. The team facilitates the entire relocation process for companies wishing to set up in the region. From the evaluation of the location and the organisation of site visits to the search for suitable premises, the establishment of business and the funding and procurement of business partners. Decision-makers, innovators, experts and multipliers all benefit from the extensive network of Basel Area Business & Innovation. Clients are given access to extensive expertise and services in the following areas:
Tech Park Basel
The Tech Park Basel, sponsored by the Canton of Basel-Stadt and located in the Stücki Business Park, offers innovative, early-stage companies office and laboratory facilities at attractive conditions along with a shared infrastructure they can use plus a range of services. These include a staffed reception area, a network and phone services as well as well-equipped wash-rooms and equipment rooms. The innovative startups from a number of technology areas (pharma, biotech, nanotech, chemicals, clean tech and ICT) are able to conduct their research and exchange ideas in an entrepreneurial environment.
Information on the Corona virus
Information for companies and the self-employed on the Corona virus can be found at www.coronavirus.bs.ch/unternehmen.