Innovation Hub Basel
Basel is one of the world’s most successful economic regions. A unique concentration of innovative companies can be found in and around Basel as well as a cosmopolitan culture, an international environment and good working conditions. Along with its partners, the Canton of Basel-Stadt offers a number of networking and advisory services aimed at the promotion of innovation in the fields of healthcare, digital innovation and sustainable economic activity in the Basel Area. The Canton of Basel-Stadt has joined efforts with neighbouring cantons in the promotion of innovation in order to offer companies the best possible services.
Basel Area Business & Innovation, acting as the agency for the promotion of innovation and the entire Basel region, supports companies which focus on technology and innovation. Its seminar and workshop programme is the centrepiece of its service offering.
- Innovation accelerators: Basel Area Business & Innovation offers various accelerator programs for companies in the life sciences & health sector:
- BaseLaunch, Europe's No. 1 in biotechnology, has raised over $270M in venture funding to date, with an average funding per company of $34M.
- DayOne Accelerator: Digital health & Medttech division.
- Industry 4.0 Challenge: area of industrial transformation.
- Founder course: The founder course is intended for all people and entities planning to start a company and is offered in collaboration with the IFJ Institut für Jungunternehmen.
You can find an overview of the upcoming courses here.
- Innovation seminars and workshops for entrepreneurs: The advanced courses are offered exclusively for start-ups and entrepreneurs planning specific projects featuring innovation and technology. These courses focus on the examination of various business aspects such as business plans, funding, product development, pricing and intellectual property as well as marketing and communications.
All events organised by Basel Area Business & Innovation.
Tech Park Basel
Tech Park Basel provides a collaborative and innovation-rich, yet business-driven environment in the rapidly growing Stücki Business Park located in the dynamic northern part of Basel. At the present time it offers 26+ start-ups and 310+ entrepreneurs access to a unique ecosystem as well as ideal conditions for research, development and subsequent economic success.
Switzerland Innovation Park Basel Area
The Switzerland Innovation Park Basel Area is part of the national network of Switzerland Innovation and has four locations: the main campus in Allschwil plus other sites in Basel, Jura and the Novartis campus in Basel. The offering is aimed at start-ups in the fields of biotech, medtech, digital health, health technology and industrial transformation. The innovation park offers ultra-modern infrastructure with co-working spaces, offices and laboratories at competitive rents and stimulating environment with a vibrant community. Currently, there are around 250 people from more than 77 companies working at the locations of the Switzerland Innovation Park Basel Area across a combined floor space of 9,162 m2. In addition, 12 research groups are active in the main campus.
Smart City Basel
The Smart City Basel strategy creates the action-guiding framework for the public administration of the canton of Basel-Stadt in order to actively further develop Basel as a Smart City together with stakeholders and partners from business, science, the population and the surrounding communities. The guiding principle of the strategy can be summarised as follows: “The government of Basel-Stadt is using modern technologies and digital data to target the sustainable development of the canton.” The SBB and the Canton of Basel-Stadt have opened the Smart City Lab Basel in the Wolf area of the city. The lab offers the opportunity to develop ideas, share know-how, use data and test technologies as well as experience and discuss all of these factors.